A Buyer is required with knowledge of metalwork or electrical component procurement, or both. Candidates with experience of the Automotive or Defence industries would be well received.
Due to increased demand for their products, this company, a manufacturer for the defence industry based in Leamington Spa requires a skilled and autonomous production buyer with experience of working at a fast and demanding pace for a new 3 month contract length (with possibility for extension).
As a Buyer, you will be required to:
- Set up, maintain and improve commercial supplier relationships and supplier performance, lowering cost of supply for all product lines procured
- Generate and manage Requests for Quotation and tender analysis.
- Sourcing alternative suppliers of key components and assemblies to achieve cost and delivery requirements.
- Perform data analysis and issue reports on supplier performance to ensure suppliers meet and maintain expected performance levels.
- Deliver cost-down and cost-avoidance initiatives in support of GDLS-FPE financial targets.
The Buyer should have the following skills or experience:
- Ideally a member of CIPS or working towards qualification.
- Worked within a manufacturing environment
- Demonstrable Microsoft Excel skills to "advanced" level
- Obtaining and maintaining security clearance is a pre-requisite of employment
This is an excellent opportunity for anyone with knowledge of production buying to develop your career. In return for your experience, this Warwickshire-based manufacturing company will offer you an hourly contractor rate of up to circa £25.
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have knowledge of generating and managing purchase orders with an extensive range of products and supply base and perhaps experience of commercial / niche vehicle manufacturing sectors and you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the Buyer role, please contact Claire Male at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384 446131.