Competitive Salary with excellent benefits
01384 446 174
Buyer / Supply Chain Coordinator
Heavy Engineering and Manufacturing environment
Solid salary and benefits package
This challenging procurement and supply chain position is key to the continued development of this business supply chain. The role will be to work with the Supply Chain Manager to build a strategic approach to the requirements of the business and manage a portfolio of suppliers. Also, to provide support to production and planning teams for the purchasing and tracking of production materials in a fast-paced heavy maintenance production environment. The role involves working closely with stakeholders both internally and externally, to assist with controlling and expediting materials on-site.
Responsibilities as Buyer/Supply Chain Coordinator
- Supporting the Supply Chain Manager in line with the company's annual purchasing cost reduction strategy.
- Manage commodities in line with MRP and sourcing/buying to support business requirements.
- Sourcing new suppliers and products.
- Negotiating competitive prices for products and services.
- Active involvement in cross-functional teams to source special customer requirements to ensure the supplier can meet the expectations of the customer
- Purchasing of materials and services.
- Ensure price acknowledged is competitive and ERP system is amended for any variation against standard purchasing cost.
- Maintain accurate system data for suppliers, lead time, pricing, due dates, batch sizes and cost price field for new items.
- Build and develop good supplier relationships.
- Ensure that any documentation required with goods is requested and received from the supplier e.g., Certificates of Conformity.
- Pro-actively expediting the timely delivery in full to suit business requirements. Ensure everything possible is done to alleviate and overcome problematic due dates.
- Consolidating shipments where possible to reduce both transportation and transactional costs.
- Involvement in monthly KPI verification of results and achievements.
- Adhere to stated policies and procedures relating to purchasing, quality management and health & safety.
As Buyer you will have:
- Extensive experience within an engineering or manufacturing purchasing / supply chain environment
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written to all levels of the business.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Experience with MRP / ERP systems and Microsoft Office.
- CIPS trained or equivalent (desirable)
Negotiation skills, analytical skills, presentation skills, business acumen and cost awareness
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.