Job Title: Senior Buyer
Salary: Competitive salary and benefits package
A talented Senior Buyer with a proven track record and knowledge of strategic procurement (electrical / electronic) is required by one of the world's largest producers of automotive parts. Supplying a portfolio of major OEMs this organisation is looking to grow its UK procurement team, based in the West Midlands. We are seeking a talented strategic Buyer with experience of global sourcing within a high volume, fast paced manufacturing environment. As Strategic Buyer - Functional Parts, you will be required to:
- Oversee and manage commodities including Mass Production, New Product Introduction and Engineering Changes to ensure the cost competitiveness.
- Activities include Negotiation, New Supplier Introduction, New Part Introduction, Supplier Evaluation and Risk Management, Project Management and Quotation Evaluation.
- Ensure KPI's and procedures are met and advise where needed.
- Compile and implement overall Commodity Strategy over the next 1-5 years.
- Identification of best cost through QAF analysis using various techniques i.e. benchmarking, market knowledge, comparison against previous quotes/parts.
- Control and manage prices changed by various triggers (ECI, Raw Material).
- Achieve departmental targets (Cost Reduction, New Product Introduction Timings and cost expectations) and other personal KPI's.
- Evaluate and implement VA/VE, working with other departments as necessary.
- Investigate new suppliers to ensure they are financially stable with sufficient resources to meet the needs of automotive sector and sign up to self- bill payment method.
- Support regional EU cost negotiations.
- Regular travel to Europe i.e. once or twice a month.
- Responsible for strategically procuring a range of functional commodities.
As a strategic Buyer, ideally you will have experience of working within a medium/high volume fast paced manufacturing environment (Automotive advantageous) and:
- Demonstrable procurement experience preferably with experience of purchasing metals, plastics and rubber parts.
- Strategic thinking to identify opportunities for cost reduction.
- Understanding of product/component evaluation and functionality requirements.
- Strong communication skills, ability to communicate with stakeholders at all levels.
- Excellent project management skills and experience.
This is an excellent opportunity for an ambitious, driven Buyer with knowledge of managing key commodities, global sourcing and strong project management skills. In return for your procurement experience, this Telford based Automotive Tier 1 will offer you:
- Competitive salary & benefits package including Healthcare cash plans, good pension options and discount car purchase offers. A very strong people culture and the company invests significantly in training and developing its staff and promoting from within.
- Career development
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have knowledge of strategic global commodity management and you are looking for a new career challenge, please apply today. If you have any questions about the strategic Buyer role, please contact Lisa Osborne at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384 446162 or email