£30 - 31 per hour
Up to £31.00 p/h (Inside IR35)
6 Month Contract
Exciting opportunity for a Buyer to join a world leading manufacturing company based in Stafford.
You will be responsible for managing procurement activity for their engine manufacturing facility.
Your role will involve the local management of a number of suppliers and components for both current production and new engines currently under development.
- Responsible and accountable for the implementation of a local sourcing strategy
- Managing policies, agreements, special purchasing programs; and supporting specific Product line(s) NPI programs
- Provide leadership for cost reduction, sourcing, logistics and resource management.
- Lead continuous improvement initiatives and new product introduction activities within Purchasing
- Liaison with corresponding Category Buyers and Buyers in our India Manufacturing Facility.
- Provide purchasing solutions and deliver a lean, responsive and resilient material and services flow for the facility from source to dock.
Key skills and experiences:
- Degree educated or equivalent experience within a Purchasing role.
- Previous experience in managing a supplier base.
- Demonstrate procurement excellence through working closely with both internal departments and the suppliers.
- Demonstrate leadership in implementing cost reduction projects, supply chain optimisation and quality improvement; as well as responsibility for soundness of business proposals and risk assessment.
- Ability to lead teams, suppliers and customers to effective solutions
- Analytical, problem solving, and project leadership skills
- Effective communicator in written and oral form
- Well-developed interpersonal skills
- Previous experience of managing global suppliers.
- Professional certification in Purchasing or Supply Chain.
Interested in the above role?
APPLY TODAY! Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.