A Buyer is required for an established manufacturer of automated production machinery.
The role of Buyer will include:
- Supplier sourcing
- Supplier negotiation
- Supplier consolidation
- Working from a BOM to order all components in readiness for the build phase
- Process orders for bought in assemblies and sub assemblies.
- Chase suppliers to ensure on time deliveries ready for production
- Cost reduction
- Purchasing of robots, pneumatic systems, electronic control systems, motors, machining services etc.
The suitable candidate for this Buyer position will need to possess the following experience:
- Experienced Buyer within engineering/manufacturing
- Cost down experience
- Supplier sourcing and negotiation
- Organised and a self motivated
- Able to interpret an engineering drawing is desirable
- Experience with purchasing electro-mechanical products is highly advantageous but not essential.
If you have the required Buyer experience and looking for a position where you have autonomy working within a very reputable and highly technical manufacturing company then please click on the link to apply or contact Automation Recruitment specialist Richard Heaton on 01384 446 105 ref AR2015