Job Title: Buyer
Contract length: 12 months
A Buyer is required on a 12 month contract to cover maternity, based at an aircraft manufacturing organisation in Leicester.
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF JOB
- Provide procurement effort to ensure that all relevant purchased material is available to the business within appropriate timescales and cost.
- Export/Import Compliance Officer - Manage both the Export/Import of Technology process and Export of Shipping and Export Process and actions relating to Export
- Understand and support the programme plan, key events and milestones to ensure appropriate procurement support is provided.
- Core commodities to include consumables, components (catalogue and bespoke), drawn parts (including metalwork, sub-assemblies, gaskets, labels, etc.)
- Coordination of requirements planning and timely material availability to the business.
- Adherence to and maintenance of company policy and procedures
- Maintain an ethical approach on behalf of the business
- Manage Export processes and maintain and action all Export records.
- Maintain part planning data e.g. lead times, MOQs, economic batch sizes.
- Undertake assigned supplier selection activities.
- Identify and add new suppliers to the approved vendor list when necessary.
- Award and manage supplier purchase orders to ensure timely receipt of materials, acting as principle point of contact with assigned suppliers.
- Review, progress and report material availability.
- Manage change and its impact e.g. cost, schedule, design.
- Coordinate the repair of faulty subcontracted material for customer and production use.
- Manage vendors of; Components and/or assemblies' custom fabricated to U-TacS Specification, supplies commercial of the shelf components and/or assemblies, capable of providing maintenance, repair, operating supplies, services and safety products.
- Review and update Export/Import processes.
- Raise and maintain all export licenses, invoices, documentation packages, advice notes, open licences returns.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED
- Established administration, organisation and communication skills.
- A strong track record within the procurement functions, preferably within an electronic systems manufacturing environment.
- A trained and competent negotiator.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a multi-cultural / multinational team environment.
- Excellent communication (both written and verbal), time management and organisational skills
- Flexible approach to duties and responsibilities
- Extensive knowledge and experience of Microsoft Office packages (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Microsoft Outlook); Visio package
- Export/Import - Licences, commodity codes, CPC codes, documentation packages, ITAR/EAR/TAA, incoterms, classifications etc.
If you are interested in this position and have the suitable experience, please APPLY NOW. For more information, contact Lois Weston at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384446119.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.