Competitive salary and benefits package
over 1 year ago
Talented Indirects Buyer required by iconic British automotive manufacturing company based in Hethel, Norfolk.
As Buyer Indirects you will ensuresupplies are sourced efficiently and effectively. Build and maintain supplier relationships, build a cost saving workload and lead Cost Reduction exercises. Working as the procurement expert in cross-functional teams identify, evaluate and deliver certain VA/VE projects. Working collaboratively with Engineering, develop and deliver programmes involving suppliers in product development.
- Source and procure a variety of components/services.
- Place and process purchase orders on behalf of the company.
- Ensure all activities undertaken are in line with current policies and procedures.
- Assist in day to day running of the Purchasing Department and all activities associated with it
- Liaise with internal Customers to ensure Service Satisfaction
- Work directly with internal Customers on commercial aspects relevant to their requirements
- Undertake cost-down activities as directed by the Purchasing Manager
- Assess existing suppliers with the aim to reduce supplier base, unit costs and complexity
- Assess prospective suppliers to reduce costs and establish better standards of quality, service provision and operational flexibility
- Proven track record of success within an Indirect procurement role, working within a busy manufacturing environment.
- Knowledge of manufacturing technologies, processes and applications.
- Ability and acceptance of a degree of domestic and international travel, occasionally with little notice.
In return for your procurement experience, you will be offered a competitive salary and benefits package. Interested? Please contact me directly firstname.lastname@example.org or contact 01384 446162 for further information.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.