Exciting opportunity for a Buyer to join a growing procurement team, working for a well-known manufacturing facility based in Peterborough.
As a Buyer, you will provide purchasing solutions expertise, using Quality, Cost, Logistics, Development, Management to deliver maximum value.
- Execute the Global Category Strategy for the qualified Supplier Network
- Assist the Global Category Manager with identifying, developing and maintaining the Global Strategy and Qualified Supply Network for a given category (Hydraulic Valves & Actuations)
- Negotiate, execute and manage Purchasing Agreements with suppliers
- Serves as the Regional Supply Base Market Knowledge for category and provides knowledge to business partners and to the Category Manager for Global Strategy Development
- Manage and monitor Quality, Cost, Logistics, Development and Management, Spend Management metrics and eCatalog development of the qualified Supply Network
- Deep expertise in supplier, cost structure and value stream in the region to create differentiated value for the enterprise
- Drive Total Cost Management through Best in Class processes and tools to maximise value
- Develop and execute Risk Mitigation strategies
- Supplier Relationship Manager for Suppliers and conducts Supplier Performance Reviews
Key skills and experience:
- Strong procurement background
- Ideally will have knowledge of Hydraulic Valves & Actuations categories
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Purchasing, Logistics, Manufacturing, or Engineering experience
- Analytical, problem solving, and project leadership skills
- Effective communicator, in written and oral form
- Certifications: CPM, CPIM, CIRM or comparable International Certification
- 6 Sigma Green Belt Experience
- Lean Manufacturing Experience
In return our client can offer you a 6-month contract with competitive rates of pay.
Interested in the above role? Please contact Kate Stevens or Sarah Gilbert at Jonathan Lee Recruitment.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.