Buyer - Engineering
Proactive supply chain/ procurement professional required by specialist engineering prototype organisation based in East Sussex. This market leading specialist are seeking a dynamic buyer or supply chain professional who will manage and be operationally responsible for end to end supply.
As company Buyer, your responsibilities will include:
- Sourcing components from our external supply chain, demonstrating sound negotiation skills and financial awareness in the purchasing of parts, engineered components and services whilst managing and working within the agreed budgets.
- Raising PO's with approved suppliers.
- Supplier qualification and appraisal.
- Inventory management, managing deliveries and lead times, to ensure parts, materials and services are delivered in line with stakeholder requirements and to the correct quality standard.
- Proactively managing the supply chain in terms of purchase orders and updating of stakeholders as necessary.
- Manage, structure, organise and administer the physical storage. Keep the storage area in good and professional order.
- Dealing with inbound and outbound shipments
- Actively promoting all purchasing & quality policies and procedures throughout the business.
- Creating a positive profile for themselves.
- Ideally experience of working in an engineering prototype (small batch), niche engineering, motorsport environment along with a belief in continuous improvement.
- Possessing a good technical understanding and the ability to understand and discuss engineering drawings.
- Flexibility in hours and approach is required, along with appropriate supportive team behaviours, and the ability to work with minimal supervision to deadlines in a small business environment.
Are you an experienced supply chain professional with a passion for engineering? In return for your purchasing skills and technical know how, you will rewarded with a competitive salary/package and have the opportunity to develop and grow this role.
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged asap. If you have a strong procurement background, some technical knowledge and you would like to be considered, please apply today. Should you have any questions regarding the Buyer role, please contact Lisa Osborne at Jonathan Lee Recruitment directly on 01384 446162.