A Buyer is required for an established manufacturer of electronics within the aerospace and defence industries. The successful candidate will be joining to assist in the purchasing department responsible for buying complex electronic components and assemblies.
Responsibilities of the Buyer will include:
- Supplier consolidation.
- Day to day management of supplier relationships and processes to achieve best price and on time deliveries according to purchase order and MRP requirements.
- Chase suppliers to ensure on time deliveries ready for production.
- Cost reduction.
- Purchasing of robots, pneumatic systems, electronic control systems, motors, machining services etc.
The suitable candidate for this Buyer position will need to possess the following experience:
- Experienced Buyer within engineering/manufacturing
- Cost down experience
- Experience working with ERP or MRP Systems
- Supplier sourcing and negotiation
- Be a good communicator with the ability to work across departments and forge relationships internally and externally.
- Experience with purchasing electronics or complex equipment is essential.
This is an excellent opportunity for anyone with a good knowledge of purchasing electronics to develop your career. In return for your experience, this Milton Keynes based company will offer you:
- A competitive annual salary.
- Excellent non-standard pension scheme
- 1pm Finish on a Friday
If you have the required Buyer experience and looking for a position where you have autonomy working within a very reputable and highly technical manufacturing company then please click on the link to apply or contact Tom Duckett at Jonathan Lee Recruitment.