£22.89 - 29.59 per hour
Buyer - 54244
Rate - £22.89 per hour - Inside IR35
AWR rate increase applies after 12 weeks - Rate will increase to £29.59 per hour
As the eTransAxle Program Control Buyer, you will be the face of Purchasing into the PD organisation and wider team. You will facilitate the European localisation of the eTransAxle by supporting the PD and commodity purchasing team through the localisation program gateways. Based at the Dunton office, you will be required to form positive and effective working relationships with both Internal and External Partners, manage numerous workstreams simultaneously and have a proven ability to deliver to deadlines to ensure our Customers' needs are met.
- Create a 'matched pair' with Material Cost Purchasing counterparts to manage day to day activities and liaisons with Commodity team and be the point of contact into the Program teams.
- Communication of key program information (timing, volume, etc.) to Commodity teams
- Purchasing representation at key Program meetings, being the voice of the Purchasing team and the supply base implications.
- Support on-time Program delivery through delivering Purchasing deliverables in line with program timing.
- Support all sourcing activities including requests for quotation (RFQ), onboarding of suppliers, sourcing agreements, transport and logistics and Purchase and Tool order status.
- Support ongoing cost reduction / efficiency workstreams.
- Collate, analyse and report of key program metrics related to sourcing status.
- Support additional 'Special Projects' as required.
- Establish and maintain excellent working relationships with cross functional internal partners and customers.
- Demonstrable understanding of current challenges facing the automotive industry and the role of Purchasing to support the business.
- A minimum of 3 years' experience within a Purchasing / Buying role.
- Strong business acumen and excellent written and verbal abilities.
- Proven experience in negotiating with both external Suppliers and internal Customers.
- Proven experience of presenting to Senior Management.
- Fully competent with Microsoft Office Tools.
- Education is important to us; ideally, you'll have a Degree or equivalent in hand, but if that's not the case (and you have experience/ skills you feel are relevant and beneficial to the role) we're interested to hear from you.
To apply for this position please send your CV to email@example.com
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.