- Sector: Food & Drink
- Function: Purchasing and procurement
- Contact: James Randall
- Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact Phone: 07947 343990
- Expiry Date: 17 February 2022
- Job Ref: 60123
£20000 to £30,000 plus Benefits
A food manufacturing company are looking for a Buyer to join the purchasing team. You will be responsible for managing supplier relationships and sourcing new products from across the world, along with managing day to day pricing enquiries and stock management. You will have previous experience of purchasing products within a food manufacturing or processing environment.
As a Buyer your day-to-day responsibilities will consist of.
- Reporting into the Purchasing Manager you will be responsible for negotiating pricing with suppliers to enable margin improvement across the business.
- Respond to pricing enquiries from the sales team and secure required pricing from suppliers in a timely basis.
- Support technical with gathering the required documentation from potential and existing suppliers to comply with the company’s quality management system.
- Work in conjunction with the technical team to monitor supplier performance take any corrective actions.
- Identify alternative cost-effective sources of supply for the business that meet the company’s technical criteria
- Monitor trends in customer enquiries to identify gaps in product range and areas where the business is uncompetitive and identify new suitable suppliers
- Develop and maintain standard price lists with suppliers where feasible to streamline the process of quotations
- Monitor stock movement and levels and make necessary ordering decisions to ensure material availability while managing working capital.
- Highlight any stock concerns to the Commercial Manager and Purchasing Manager in a timely manner and suggest solutions.
An exciting opportunity for a Buyer with the following.
- CIPS qualified or part qualified with a previous experience in procurement roles within the food industry.
- Confident in negotiating contracts and pricing with new suppliers.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Energetic and motivated to work as part of a busy team
- You have confidence in your capability but also a willingness to learn and take on new challenges.
If you are a Buyer with the right experience and you want to be considered, please apply today or please contact James Randall at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 07947343990.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.