Dependent on experience
As a manufacturer of products for the building and construction industries, our client are looking to recruit a Buyer to join their expanding procurement. The Buyer will have purchasing experience within manufacturing, preferably in plastics, metals or building products.
Duties for the role of Buyer include:
- The buyer will be responsible for sourcing and delivery of components for specific programmes liaising with several key suppliers.
- The buyer will also be required to support the development of the material strategy for projects as well as leading supply chain optimization programs.
- Day to day purchasing administrative duties relating to purchasing function.
- Supporting the Lead Buyer in achieving the company wide goals
The Buyer will have the following experience:
- Proven track record in a manufacturing, purchasing environment, possessing strong influencing and negotiating expertise
- Knowledge of Excel an advantage.
- Highly organised and a focused attention to detail is essential
- Ability to lead and set priorities/projects with minimal management supervision.
- Proven problem solver and able to bring tricky situations to an early and satisfactory resolution.
- Previous experience in launching new products or services.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to converse at all levels both internally and externally.
- An ability to develop supplier relationships and to react to changing market dynamics in the buyer / supplier relationships.
- Experience of new supplier introduction.
To apply for this position, please forward your up to date CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.