£30k - 36k per year + Pension, 28 days holidays
£30,000 to £36,000 plus pension & 28 days holidays
A growing FMCG manufacturing company are seeking a Buyer to co-ordinate purchasing function across the business. You'll control the day-to-day activities within the purchasing department, with a strong bias towards cost savings and stock reductions. Reporting to Supply Chain Manager, you'll ensure the supply of goods into the business are efficient and cost effective.
Responsibilities as Buyer:
- Managing the purchase and supply of all procured goods and services and overseeing the day to day purchasing function.
- Analysing internal purchasing processes and improving where necessary to ensure continuous improvement in department performance.
- Monitor and forecast stock levels, whilst managing a large supplier base. managing a large supplier base.
- Negotiating improved supplier terms, whilst sourcing new suppliers.
- Managing supplier relationships to improve supplier performance and build successful supply chain partnerships.
- Regular communication with Production to finalise and confirm the weekly production schedule based on customer requirements and available material stocks.
- Arrange and attend supplier meetings, as required, to analyse and discuss supplier performance, as well as gain knowledge of the full portfolio of products and services offered.
As Buyer you will have:
- An experienced buyer with extensive knowledge of purchasing in a FMCG manufacturing environment.
- Highly motivated individual that understands and works towards company objectives.
- Proven ability to communicate effectively across all areas and levels of the business.
- Excellent time management and organisational skills.
- Able to demonstrate continuous improvement through purchasing processes.
- Broad knowledge of suppliers, components, packaging and raw materials within the personal care, cosmetic and household sector preferred.
- Proven history of successful supplier negotiation.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.