£25 - 31 per hour
Up to £30.00 per hour (Umbrella/PAYE)
A Buyer opportunity has become available for one of the world’s leading manufacturers of off-highway machinery and diesel and natural gas engines.
You will be responsible for managing procurement activity for a group of suppliers / components at an Engine manufacturing facility. Your role will involve delivering procurement excellence including integration between the Global Purchasing team and the facility.
As a Buyer you will provide purchasing solutions and expertise in order to deliver a lean, responsive and resilient material and services flow for the facility from source to dock. The role will demonstrate leadership in implementing cost reduction projects, inventory and quality improvement; as well as responsibility for soundness of business proposals and risk assessment.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Responsible and accountable for the implementation of a local sourcing strategy
- Managing policies, agreements, special purchasing programs; and supporting specific Product line( NPI programmes
- Provide leadership for cost reduction, sourcing, logistics and resource management
- Lead continuous improvement initiatives and new product introduction activities within Purchasing
- Liaison with corresponding Category Buyers
To apply for this position you should have some of the following:
- Previous experience of managing global suppliers
- Professional certification in Purchasing and/or Inventory Management
- Degree educated or equivalent experience within a Purchasing role
- Previous experience in managing a supplier base
- Ability to lead teams, suppliers and customers to effective solutions
- Analytical, problem solving, and project leadership skills
- Effective communicator in written and oral form
- Well-developed interpersonal skills
To apply, please submit a copy of your CV clearly indicating your relevant experience. Suitable candidates will be contacted. Unfortunately candidates requiring visa sponsorship CANNOT be considered for this role.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.