£38k per year
4 months ago
Our client is looking to expand their team with an experienced purchasing buyer to manage the purchasing and supply of all project materials for the manufacture of machines and manufacturing systems. Materials to be ordered to customers’ specifications, project budget, delivered on time to the project time line and are “right first time”. Based from their purpose built manufacturing site in Birmingham the purchasing buyer will be reporting directly to the Technical Director and liaising with multiple departments to ensure a smooth and precise order to delivery is achieved.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
- Competitively purchase tooling and other bought out items, as requested by the Technical Director, Operations Manager and/or Project Leaders in order to start the build process on time and within budget, ensuring that the purchased items fully comply with the design specification and the Customer’s specification.
- Order materials for the control cabinets, on time, within budget, within the Customers’ specification in order to satisfy the cabinet build plan.
- Select, specify and order materials, tooling as well as general workshop consumables, in order to satisfy the build and service plan as well as the day operation of the factory, in conjunction with the Team Leader.
- Order consumables for the Electrical department, working in conjunction with the Electricians and Controls Manager.
- Feedback and update the ‘Latest Indicated Costs’ (LIC) budget for each projects, working in conjunction with the Project Leaders.
- Actively manage the supply of materials for projects to agreed project timelines. Report the status of deliverables to the Operations Manager.
- Manage supplier relationships to get best value from suppliers. This must include price, delivery time and quality.
- Monitor Supplier performance.
- Work with current ordering systems and purchase order processing systems.
- Develop new control systems to enhance the current system.
- Work with ISO 9001 Quality System.
- Manage the goods inwards area, to ensure delivered items match the orders placed. (Joint with Workshop Team Leader/Goods Inwards Department)
- Experience of buying electrical components / parts to spec.
- Possess suitable qualifications and relevant experience.
- Have a Technical appreciation for Engineering.
- Be conversant with Sage Line200.
- Be competent with Microsoft Office.
- Have a high level of attention to detail.
This role is will be in high demand and our client will be looking to conduct interviews, should this role be of interest to you please click the link to apply or contact Julie Thomas at Jonathan Lee Recruitment, 01384 446168.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.