Job Title: Site Buyer
We have an exciting opportunity for a Buyer to join the Site Purchasing team at a leading off highways organisation in Stafford.
You will be responsible for managing procurement activity for a group of suppliers / components at our Stafford Engine manufacturing facility. Your role will involve delivering procurement excellence including integration between the Global Purchasing team and the facility. As a Buyer you will provide purchasing solutions and expertise in order to deliver a lean, responsive and resilient material and services flow for the facility from source to dock. The role will demonstrate leadership in implementing cost reduction projects, inventory and quality improvement; as well as responsibility for soundness of business proposals and risk assessment.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Responsible and accountable for the implementation of a local sourcing strategy
- Managing policies, agreements, special purchasing programs; and supporting specific Product line( NPI programmes
- Provide leadership for cost reduction, sourcing, logistics and resource management.
- Lead continuous improvement initiatives and new product introduction activities within Purchasing
- Liaison with corresponding Category Buyers.
- Degree educated or equivalent experience within a Purchasing role.
- Previous experience in managing a supplier base.
- Ability to lead teams, suppliers and customers to effective solutions
- Analytical, problem solving, and project leadership skills
- Effective communicator in written and oral form
- Well-developed interpersonal skills
If you are interested in this position please APPLY NOW. For more information, contact Lois Weston at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384446119.
*Previous experience of managing global suppliers.
*Professional certification in Purchasing and/or Inventory Management
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.