A Buyer is required with knowledge of procurement across a range of components and managing supplier performance. Candidates with experience of the Automotive industry would be well received.
This company, a luxury automotive manufacturer based in Coventry, Warwickshire requires an exceptional and adaptable buyer with superb negotiation skills and experience for a new 6-month contract.
As a Buyer you will be required to:
- Develop and maintain strategies for commodities, keeping abreast of technical developments and sharing this data with both company and suppliers.
- Confidently negotiate with regards to total cost and contractual terms with both potential suppliers and current suppliers.
- Support the company in achieving full Quality Approval by supporting the quality department in their work.
The Buyer should have the following skills or experience:
- Degree educated and a full member of CIPS (or be working towards this)
- Full driving license and willingness to travel to locations the job requires.
- A passion and enthusiasm for continuous improvement.
This is an excellent opportunity for anyone with knowledge of managing supplier performance in both a current vehicle environment and a vehicle launch phase environment to develop your career. In return for your experience, this Coventry-based automotive company will offer you a limited contractor pay rate of up to £25 per hour depending on skills and experience.
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have knowledge of applying tools and techniques to close cost gaps and achieving value for money and assimilating supplier terms with company terms quickly to improve performance, and you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the Buyer role, please contact Claire Male at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384 446131.