- Sector: Automotive
- Function: Purchasing and procurement
- Contact: Kate Stevens
- Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact Phone: 01384 446130
- Expiry Date: 07 December 2021
- Job Ref: 59327
6 Month Contract
Stratford, Supplier Sites, WFH
Up to £250.00 p/d
As a Buyer you will work closely with Head of Procurement & Supply Chain, Supplier Development/ Supplier Quality function and the Chief Engineer as the test & validation programme is completed, BoM cost is optimised and the supplier nomination process is finalised.
- Bring suppliers on-board via defined formal nomination process.
- Negotiate best possible parts and tooling costs, using Total Cost of Ownership methodology.
- Negotiate best possible contract terms by exception, using standard General Purchase Conditions.
- Expedite parts as required for urgent build activities.
- Assess, measure and develop suppliers via on-site Quality, Cost, Logistics, Development, Management (QCLDM).
- Carry out Supplier Assessments (remote & on site), Implementation of Lean, Best In Quality, Production Parts Approval Process (PPAP) & Advanced Parts Quality Planning (APQP) in conjunction with Supplier Development function.
- Participate in BoM-wide Value Add/ Value Engineering activities.
- Develop and implement the appropriate metrics to measure and improve Supplier Commercial Performance. Collaborate with suppliers in order to form mutually beneficial long-term partnerships
- Support the Cost Reduction Roadmap Strategy.
- Support the Product Lifecycle Management and Bill of Materials systems.
Key skills and experiences:
- Demonstrable experience in Procurement & Supply Chain in a Manufacturing environment.
- Experience of (but not limited to) powertrain, machined parts, cast or forged parts, mouldings, A-surface parts.
- Experience in & good understanding of Total Cost of Ownership methodology.
- Ideally has also worked in a Small, Medium Enterprise (SME) and is able to demonstrate the ability to ‘roll their sleeves up’ and personally get things done as part of a small team.
- Integrity is paramount.
- Team player, comfortable with supporting, and accepting support from, colleagues.
- High energy to drive results with enthusiasm and pace.
- Willingness to travel Europe-wide and, when necessary, globally.
- Dynamic, flexible, able to rise to meet new challenges.
To apply, please send your CV to email@example.com
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.