Job Title: Buyer
A Buyer is required to join a leading off-highways organisation based in Peterlee. This is a contract position running until at least end of March 2020.
- Responsible for providing purchasing solutions expertise using Quality, Cost, Logistics, Development, Management (QCLDM) to deliver maximum value in developing, communicating, and/or implementing a local or regional sourcing strategy for a specific Caterpillar business unit.
- Exercises independent judgment with direction from supervisor.
- An undergraduate degree from a college or university (or equivalent) or equivalent experience.
- Experience leading projects as well as teams, suppliers, & customers to effective solutions.
Skills and Competencies:
- Willingness to travel up to 50-75% of work time as needed.
- Fluency (able to speak, read, write, and comprehend fluently) in English.
- Ability to demonstrate strong interpersonal, analytical, leadership, and project management skills to develop close working relationships with others both inside and outside Caterpillar - preferred.
Major Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Strategic guidance (understand the current supplier base, evaluating strategic options, deciding a course of action, and beginning implementations).
- Team leadership (guiding decisions on sourcing, logistics, and resource management, as well as continuous process improvement and team-member mentorship).
- Intelligent problem-solving & customer support solutions (determining how to best satisfy Critical Customer Requirements while sustaining competitive advantage).
- Quality supplier relationships (developing mutually beneficial relationships with suppliers throughout the organization).
- Managing policies, agreements, source catalos, and special purchasing programs.
- Supporting specific Product lines.
- New Product Introduction (NPI) programs.
- The liaison with the corresponding Category/Platform based Buyers.
If you are interested in this position, please APPLY NOW. For more information, contact Lois Weston at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384446119.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.