An experienced technical Buyer is required by a market leading innovative Defence Systems company.
The purpose of the Buyer role will be to:
- Ensure all purchased material is available to the business with appropriate timescales and cost.
- Compliance management of both the Export/Import of Technology process - Export of Shipping and Export Process/actions.
- Understand and support the programme plan, key events and milestones to ensure appropriate procurement support is provided.
- Core commodities to include consumables, components (catalogue and bespoke), drawn parts.
- Coordination of requirements planning and timely material availability to the business.
- Manage Export processes and maintain and action all Export records
- Maintain part planning data e.g. lead times, MOQs, economic batch sizes.
- Undertake assigned supplier selection activities
- Identify and add new suppliers to the approved vendor list when necessary.
- Award and manage supplier purchase orders to ensure timely receipt of materials, acting as principle point of contact with assigned suppliers.
- Review, progress and report material availability
- Manage change and its impact e.g. cost, schedule and design
- Coordinate the repair of faulty subcontracted material for customer and production use.
- Manage vendors of: Components and/or assemblies' custom fabricated to specification, supplies commercial off the shelf components and/or assemblies, capable of providing maintenance, repair, operating supplies, services and safety products
- Raise and maintain all export licenses, invoices, documentation packages, advice notes, open licences returns.
- Established administration, organisation and communication skills
- A strong track record within the procurement functions, preferably within an electronic systems manufacturing environment
- A trained and competent negotiator
- Ability to work independently and as part of a multi-cultural/multinational team environment
- Excellent communication (both written and verbal), time management and organisational skills
- Extensive knowledge and experience of Microsoft Office packages (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Microsoft Outlook); Visio package
- Export/Import licences, commodity codes, CPC codes, documentation packages, ITAR/EAR/TAA, incoterms, classifications etc.,
**Security Clearance will be required for this role and therefore only applications from candidates able to obtain this will be considered**
Do you have a technical procurement background and have import/export experience? In return for this experience, you will be offered a competitive salary and benefits including; 9 day fortnights, 25 days annual leave (increasing with length of service), Pension Contributions. Interested? Please forward your latest CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact Lisa on 01384 446162 for further details.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.