Aerospace and Defence
Attractive salary + benefits package
Talented Buyer required by global leading, low volume, high value manufacturer of electromechanical components, providing solutions across a diverse range of applications.
As Buyer you will:
- Manage the cost effective procurement of materials, goods and services to support business service requirements
- Sourcing both contract and non contract items to obtain the best balance of price, delivery, quality & lead time whilst constantly striving to reduce costs. Process non MRP purchasing requirements to obtain value for money. Support NPI through liaison with the engineering team, ensuring appropriate sources of supply are identified and qualified.
- Sourcing and placement of orders for contract and non-contract items. Using appropriate MRP reports and manual requisitions
- Negotiation of prices against cost reduction targets.
- Complete supplier agreements in liaison with the Purchasing and Operations Managers.
- Maintenance of Supplier details on the MRP system and review of supplier performance.
- Maintenance of minimum stock levels against MRP requirements.
- Adjust component MRP parameters to achieve on time availability and appropriate batch sizes.
- Identification of alternative suppliers in support of both QCDR targets and NPI requirements.
- Provide quotations in support of our Engineering activity which would include liaison with engineering personnel.
- Progress chasing outstanding PO’s in liaison with Production Control.
- Negotiation and placement of service/maintenance contracts (photocopiers, telephones etc)
- Proven track record of purchasing within an engineering/manufacturing environment.
- Experienced in using MRP/ERP, placing and reviewing Purchase Orders and updating parts and supplier data.
- Placing purchase orders on suppliers or sub contractors.
- Fully proficient in using Microsoft Word and Excel (advanced).
- CIPS qualification would be desirable or willing to study CIPS
Are you seeking a new and challenging Buyer role with an organization that can offer career development? Please apply as soon as possible or contact Lisa directly on 01384 446162 or email@example.com
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.