Job Title: Buyer
A leading off highways organisation has an exciting opportunity for a Buyer to join the Global Supply Network Division (formerly Global Purchasing). This will be on a contract basis with a generous hourly rate.
You will be responsible for managing procurement activity for the Large Power System Division (LPSD) at our Stafford Engine manufacturing facility. Your role will involve delivering procurement excellence and integration between Global Supply Network Division (GSND) and the facility. As a Buyer you will provide purchasing solutions expertise and deliver a lean, responsive and resilient material and services flow for the facility from source to dock. The role will demonstrate leadership in implementing cost reduction projects and inventory and quality improvement; as well as responsibility for soundness of business proposals and risk assessment.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Responsible and accountable for the implementation of a local sourcing strategy
- Managing policies, agreements, special purchasing programs; and supporting specific Product line(s) NPI programs
- Provide leadership for cost reduction, sourcing, logistics and resource management.
- Lead continuous improvement initiatives and new product introduction activities within Purchasing
- Liaison with corresponding Category buyers.
- Degree educated or equivalent experience within a Purchasing role.
- Previous experience in managing a supplier base.
- Ability to lead teams, suppliers and customers to effective solutions
- Analytical, problem solving, and project leadership skills
- Effective communicator in written and oral form
- Well-developed interpersonal skills
- Previous experience of managing global suppliers.
- Professional certification in Purchasing and/or Inventory Management
If you are interested in this role and have the relevant experience, please APPLY NOW. For more information, contact Lois Weston at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384446119.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.