Job title: Buyer
Salary Range: Competitive
An experienced Buyer is required with extensive knowledge of day to day procurement activities within a manufacturing company. Candidates with experience of the Aerospace industry purchasing combustor and fuel system components in addition to castings and machining would be well received.
This company, based in Coventry requires an experienced buyer with Aerospace/high-tech procurement experience. As a Buyer you will be required to:
- To manage the current, and source new, supply options – reducing costs and improving quality
- Negotiate on all contractual terms including payment terms, lead times and service levels
- Supplier identification and monitoring of performance and competitiveness including reporting out on said performance
- To understand and apply recognised tools and techniques, such as scorecards, to reduce business costs whilst maintaining supplier relationships
- Supporting tender processes and reporting out on the results
The Buyer should have the following skills or experience:
- Excellent Microsoft Office Skills
- Minimum 5 years procurement experience, ideally within a manufacturing environment covering production parts, experience of purchasing castings and machining would be an advantage.
- Confident in negotiating all aspects of contracts to maximise value, with a proven track record of meeting firm time lines, with excellent ability to prioritise
- Excellent communication skills
This is an excellent opportunity for anyone with procurement of castings and machining. In return this Coventry based company will offer you:
- Competitive salary
- Private Health
- Life Assurance
- 33 days holiday (inc of Bank holidays)
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have knowledge of purchasing castings and machining and day to day purchasing activities and you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the Buyer role, please contact Paul Broadhead at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384 446155.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.