c.£26,000 per annum
Talented Buyer required by global leading manufacturer / distributor of fasteners and fixing products.
This is an exciting opportunity to as Buyersupport and assist the Supply Chain Manager of a busy and demanding supply chain operation:
- You will procure the company's goods and services as necessary to the required engineering, quality and production requirements in a cost effective manner within the company's business policies and procedures.
- Monitor and maintain accurate and aggressive standard product costing for assigned materials and components.
- Ensure supplier compliance with commercial, legal, import, quality, workmanship standards and engineering change orders.
- Participate in the development of inventory planning and purchasing process(es) to support key material related strategies, such as outsourcing, lean supply chain, supplier managed inventories, kanban systems, JIT, vendor scheduling, etc.
- Responsible for the processing and resolution of all assigned MRRs, supplier corrective actions, ensuring the timely, accurate and effective coordination of all material returns and paperwork reconciliation through to resolution/completion.
- Experienced Buyer with c. 3 years’ procurement experience gained within a manufacturing environment.
- Ideally CIPS qualified or working towards.
- Fully proficient with Microsoft Office, particularly Excel. Good understanding and experience of SAP.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Ability to work under pressure, able to influence internal and external stakeholders at all levels.
- Good analytical skills, ability to use root cause analysis and motivated by achievement.
- Confident communication and inter-personal skills, self-starter with a desire to drive improvements.
Are you looking for a new and challenging procurement role within a global leading organisation? If so, we would like to hear from you. Please forward your latest CV to email@example.com or contact me directly on 01384 446162.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.