Seeking talented Buyer to work for iconic niche automotive OEM based Norwich. As Buyer, you will be an integral part of the Procurement team, you will ensure supplies are sourced efficiently and effectively, build and maintain supplier relationships, develop a cost saving workload and lead Cost Reduction exercises.
As the procurement expert, you will work cross-functionally to identify, evaluate and deliver VA/VE projects. Working collaboratively with Engineering, developing and delivering programmes involving suppliers in product development.
As Buyer, your responsibilities will also include:
- Source and procure components/services.
- Place and process purchase orders on behalf of the Group.
- Ensure all activities undertaken are in line with current policies and procedures
- Assist in day to day running of the Purchasing Department and all activities associated with it
- Liaise with internal Customers to ensure Service Satisfaction
- Liaise directly with internal Customers on commercial aspects relevant to requirements
- Undertake cost-down activities as directed by the Purchasing Manager
- Assess existing suppliers with the aim to reduce supplier base, unit costs and complexity
- Identify prospective suppliers to reduce costs and establish higher standards of quality, service provision and operational flexibility.
- Proven similar procurement experience gained within manufacturing/engineering environment
- Knowledge of manufacturing technologies, processes and applications.
- Flexible - both occasional domestic and international travel
In return for your procurement skills and experience, we offer a competitive salary and attractive benefits package. Interested? Please apply asap or call for further details 01384 446162.