Wolverhampton, West Midlands
£24000 - £25000.00 per annum
about 2 years ago
Our client is a leading manufacturer of home products and solutions. Using only the best quality materials, their designs are stylish, modern and superior to that of their rivals. All their furniture is manufactured on site at the dedicated production facility in the West Midlands.
An opportunity has arisen for a Buyer to join the team. Reporting to the Purchasing Manager, you will support the business procurement function generating purchase orders, produce purchasing reports and maintain the company's purchased product data records
About the role
- Manage all purchasing activities in line with company purchasing policies
- Involvement with new product launches to ensure timely introductions and managing product discontinuations and minimisation of obsolete stock
- Analysis of quotations, negotiating with suppliers and advising the on commercial recommendations.
- Raising purchase orders thorough the plants ERP system.
- To comply with KPI's, Targets and Objectives
- Maintain all local contracts within database.
- Ensure that services/components are covered by a purchase order/agreement prior to delivery/commencement.
- Stake holder engagement & influencing skills
- Minimum 12 months purchasing experience direct or indirect
- From a fast-paced manufacturing environment
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have knowledge of Buying and have FMCG experience and you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the Buyer role, please contact Scott Williams at Jonathan Lee Recruitment PSC17