Buyer - Permanent
Due to continued expansion, a Buyer is urgently required for a leading manufacturer of critical control solutions.
The Buyer will be responsible for the procurement of materials, components and services.
Key Responsibilities of the Buyer will include:
- Reviewing and managing the open Purchase Order book
- Ensuring all purchase orders are acknowledged by the vendor base
- Aligning projected supply dates from vendors with production lines of balance
- Managing and maintaining supply master data and procurement elements for each part
- Monitoring the delivery status of scheduled receipts to ensure on-time delivery
- Monitoring, evaluating and reporting on the supplier performance
- Negotiating schedule and delivery changes with vendors
- Negotiating price changes with vendors
Key Skills and Experience required for the Buyer:
- Previous experience working within a supply chain organisation, within a similar engineering/manufacturing environment
- Excellent influencing and negotiating skills
- Degree qualified in Business, Operations, Supply Chain or other relevant field
- Experience of managing supplier relationships
In return for this exciting opportunity, you will be offered a competitive salary, training and career development with excellent career potential for the successful individual.
We anticipate that demand for this role will be high, so please apply today or contact Sarah Davies on 01384 446 143 for further information.