£25000 - £30000 per annum
almost 2 years ago
A Buyer is required for an exciting new business that is building a brand new production facility near Southam in Warwickshire. Our client is a leading component designer, manufacturer and supplier, specialising in the machining and assembly of a number of product ranges for the compressor market.
This flagship project will be committed to building a cutting-edge manufacturing facility with the creation of over 75 jobs. With a total investment of £65m this development is the coming together of the UK's most innovative R&D Compressor Technology company and one of largest manufacturers in the UK to spearhead a new wave of precision manufacturing.
As the Buyer you will be reporting directly to the Manufacturing Director to support, grow and continuously improve the manufacture of world class products. The candidate will be critical in developing the purchasing department.
- Coordination and management of suppliers
- Stakeholder management
- Supplier engagement from initial contact to contract
- Establish and maintain procurement project plans or deliverable dates where necessary
- Track, monitor and report against key procurement activities and report risks to the manufacturing teams
- Ensure the procurement supplier selection process is documented and controlled correctly
- Degree qualified in either purchasing or business related discipline
- Strong background in Purchasing
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to interact at personal levels with Senior Management
- Ability to manage work load and drive positive results
- Pedantic attention to detail in all aspects of work
- Flexibility and adaptability to meet demanding timescales
- Excellent MS Office skills (Intermediate to Advance user in Excel and Word)