about 2 years ago
An opportunity has arisen for a Buyer to work for a leading manufacturer of off-highway equipment based in the Shrewsbury area.
- To manage a supply portfolio of parts required to support the delivery of procurement excellence and integration between Energy & Transportation Purchasing and the facility.
- Provide purchasing solutions expertise and deliver a lean, responsive and resilient material and services flow for the facility from source to dock.
- Demonstrate leadership in implementing cost reduction projects and inventory and quality improvement; as well as responsibility for soundness of business proposals and risk assessment.
- Provide purchasing solutions expertise using Quality, Cost, Logistics, Development, Management (QCLDM) to deliver maximum value in developing, communicating, and/or implementing a local or regional sourcing strategy.
- Managing policies, agreements, source catalog, and special purchasing programs.
- Supporting specific Product line(s), New Product Introduction (NPI) programs.
- An undergraduate degree from a college or university or equivalent experience.
- Experience leading projects as well as teams, suppliers, & customers to effective solutions.
- Ability to demonstrate strong interpersonal, analytical, leadership, and project management skills to develop close working relationships with others both internally and externally.
- Willingness to travel up to 50-75% of work time as needed.
This is a 12-month rolling contract based in Shrewsbury, hourly rate negotiable depending upon experience.
If you would like to know more about this role, please contact Kate Stevens or Sarah Gilbert at Jonathan Lee Recruitment.