Job title: Buyer
Salary Range: Competitive
Global Leader in Liquid Repellent Technology.
A Buyer is required with extensive knowledge of procurement tools and techniques within a manufacturing environment. Candidates with experience from within a fast-paced manufacturing environment would be well received.
This company, a global leader in repellent technology based in Oxfordshire requires a motivated, detailed and focused buyer with procurement and supply chain experience for this permanent role. As the Buyer, you will be required to:
- Release Purchase Orders to suppliers in a timely manner.
- Maintain agreed inventory levels.
- Monitor, expedite and report outstanding purchase orders.
- Identify cost down opportunities.
- Develop current and future state KPI suite.
- Assist in supplier development and performance reviews.
- Use data analysis tools and techniques to drive continuous improvement and cost reductions.
The Buyer should have the following skills or experience:
- Minimum 3- 5 years purchasing experience within a manufacturing environment.
- Inventory management and control experience.
- Hold or willing to work towards CIPS membership.
- Good IT skills including MS Office suite and ERP systems, preferably SAP.
- HNC/HND or above in related field.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Continuous Improvement and problem-solving tools and techniques including 5S.
- Impeccable attention to detail in high stress, fast paced manufacturing environment.
This is an excellent opportunity for anyone with knowledge of tactical procurement within a fast-paced manufacturing environment to develop your career. In return for your experience, this Oxfordshire based company will offer you:
- Competitive Salary.
- Comprehensive Benefits.
- Career Development.
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have knowledge and experience of procurement within a manufacturing environment and you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the Buyer role, please contact Paul Broadhead at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384 446 155.