over 1 year ago
Buyer - Permanent
Due to continued expansion, a Buyer is required for a leading global technology and services innovator.
The Buyer will be responsible for the buying activity of specific commodities, on-time delivery and material price variance.
Key Responsibilities of the Buyer will include:
- Reviewing and managing the open purchase order book
- Monitoring and evaluating supplier performance
- Dealing with the disposition and return of non-conforming supplier material in a timely manner
- Managing day-to-day procurement activities including internal and vendor communications
- Negotiating schedule and delivery changes with vendors
- Negotiating price changes with vendors
Key Skills and Experience required for the Buyer:
- Previous experience working within a supply chain organisation, within a similar engineering/manufacturing environment
- Excellent influencing and negotiating skills
- Degree qualified in Business, Operations, Supply Chain or other relevant field
- Experience of managing supplier relationships
- CIPS qualification desirable
In return for this exciting opportunity, you will be offered a competitive salary, training and career development with excellent career potential for the successful individual.
We anticipate that demand for this role will be high, so please apply today or contact Sarah Davies on 01384 446 143 for further information.