A Buyer is required, on a contract basis, with knowledge of Automotive industry and a sound understanding of vehicle Bill of Materials (BoM). Candidates with experience of the Motorsport industry would be well received.
Due to continued growth this company, a highly innovative engineering company based in Nuneaton, requires a motivated and focused Buyer with experience in writing supplier contracts and schedules of work for a new 6-month contract.
As a Buyer you will be required to:
- Act as point person between purchasing, engineering and vehicle assembly functions.
- Coordinate activities to evaluate and resolve engineering-related production/purchasing problems and queries encountered within the purchasing supply chain.
- Review delivery schedules, engineering specifications, orders, and related information to maintain understanding/knowledge of vehicle part status.
The Buyer should have the following skills or experience:
- Experience of working cross-functionally within a development program involving diverse functions such as quality, logistics, development, planning etc.
- Ability to deal with both small and large value organisations.
- Thorough understanding of contract management, tendering and negotiation.
- Experience in supplier management techniques.
- A good understanding of automotive quality systems i.e. ISO 9001, ISO TS 16949.
- A Degree in Mechanical Engineering is desirable.
This is an excellent opportunity for anyone with knowledge of automotive engineering procurement to develop your career. In return for your experience, this Nuneaton-based Engineering company will offer you an hourly limited contractor rate of up to £23.
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have knowledge of Motorsport Engineering and Procurement and you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the Buyer role, please contact Emma Evans at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384 446187