A Buyer is required by our client, a leading turnkey solution provider for the rail industry. The Buyer will work closely with internal stakeholders and the supply base to source new and existing products whilst maintaining the highest levels of quality.
The Buyer will be required to negotiate pricing and delivery schedules with suppliers across a range of commodities.
Key Responsibilities of the Buyer:
- Sourcing of new products and services and the issuing of quotes.
- Conduct competitive bid exercises to test pricing and sourcing strategies.
- Continual development of supplier relationships, working to maintain supplier rating.
- Regular supplier review meetings.
- Raising of purchase orders and initial delivery schedules in line with project requirements.
- Managing supplier generated technical queries.
- Carrying out source change and supplier risk assessment.
- Resolving supplier related issues
- Generating monthly department KPI's and Project Reports.
- Maintaining supplier delivery performance reports
Qualifications and Experience Required for the Buyer:
- CIPS qualified or working towards
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Operational purchasing experience within an engineering and manufacturing environment.
- Ability to understand engineering drawings, materials specifications and Bill of Materials.
- Excellent working knowledge of MS Excel / word.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Strong analytical and problem resolution using established methodologies
- Excellent numeracy skills
If you are interested in applying for this excellent opportunity, please apply today or contact Sarah Davies on 01384 446 143 for further information.