Our client, a leading aerospace manufacturer, is looking to recruit a Buyer to support the cost effective procurement of materials, goods and services.
The Buyer will also support New Product Introduction through liaison with the engineering team.
Key Responsibilities of the Buyer:
- Sourcing and placing orders for contract and non-contract items
- Price negotiations against cost reduction targets
- Completing supplier agreements in conjunction with the Purchasing and Operations Managers
- Maintaining Supplier details on the MRP system
- Reviewing Supplier performance.
- Maintaining minimum stock levels against MRP requirements.
- Sourcing alternative suppliers where required
- Expediting outstanding purchase orders
- Negotiation and implementing service/maintenance contracts
- Assisting Stores personnel and other areas of the company when required
Key Skills and Experience Required for the Buyer:
- CIPS qualification desirable, however training will be supported if necessary
- Experience of Purchasing within an aerospace/defence manufacturing company
- Experience of using MRP or similar system to place and review purchase order
- Competent in using Microsoft Word and Excel
This is an exciting opportunity to join a global company with real prospects for progression. Please apply today or contact Sarah Davies on 01384 446 143 for further information.