BUSINESS UNIT MANAGER
Based in Doncaster, our client is seeking at Business Unit Manager (Operations Manager) to support their continued supply of new train wheels, axles and wheelsets as well as a large volume of overhauled bogies, gearboxes and wheelsets. Reporting to the Operations and Finance Director, the role has responsibility for approximately 120 people across the site.
As Business Unit Manager, you will:
- Ensure optimum throughput of products and processes in all departments, while adhering strictly to health and safety, quality, cost and delivery imperatives
- Responsible for managing an operational budget while understanding the financial implications of the tasks involved
- Coordinate and implement manufacturing improvements and ensure a process improvement focus in all area using proven methodologies (Kaizen, Six Sigma etc.) to achieve best practice in all areas of your control
- Work with the internal teams to further develop a Group focused culture and team interaction
- Ensure accurate communication at all levels.
You are required to go the extra mile, leading by example and demonstrating high levels of commitment, energy and creativity. You will promote a strong team culture where involvement and empowerment mean that the acceptance of positive change is the norm.
As Business Unit Manager, you will play a vital role in ensuring that the day-to-day operations of a business run smoothly. You will be responsible for ensuring that effective procedures are put into place so that the production, processes and people under your responsibility run to maximum productivity and efficiency levels.
Specific areas of responsibility will include:
- Materials management
- Facilities management
- Plant maintenance
This role has the opportunity to take this business unit forward at all levels, continuing to support the supply of critical components into the UK and international rail sectors.
As a Business Unit Manager, you should have/be:
- Experience of working in a rail industry manufacturing environment
- Proven exposure to introducing and developing change within a manufacturing environment
- Suitably educated and trained to support the operating and best practice targets and initiatives
- The required personality and managerial strengths to support culture change and communication
If you feel you have the skills, experience and motivation to support this role, then please apply directly.