£55k per year + Pension, Health, 25 days holiday
01384 446 174
3 months ago
Business Process Manager
Shropshire based with an element of UK travel.
Advanced Engineering distribution
Salary between £50-£55k, Bonus, Private Healthcare, Company pension, 25 days holiday
Opportunity for flexible working pattern.
This global organisation is the world’s largest producer of components and metals that go into advanced engineering solutions. This multi-national business has over 25 sites across the world.
The business has a specialist Distribution Division, which has numerous sites across Europe , the UK and Ireland. It is this division that the role is working for.
As Business Process Manager for the distribution business, you will report to the Divisional Managing Director and Financial Director, and will be the link between the business and technology to ensure efficient transactional processes that also provide the business with the requisite data analysis for fast and fact-based decision making.
With a clear understanding of the current and future goals of the business the Business Process Manager will consistently evaluate processes and systems to:
- Identify root causes of issues, propose improvement options and support resolution implementation,
- Identify technical and functional requirements that meet the needs of the business and work with IT and other functions to optimise operational efficiency,
- Work with those responsible for data management and ensure business processes capture data on a consistent and accurate basis to drive effective BI,
- Act as an agent for change forming consensus between departments on technology solutions, processes, and business improvement cases,
- Support, identify and help deliver technology based continuous improvement projects,
- Ensure consistency of approach and integrity of data across the division,
- Assist functional heads deliver KPI reporting.
- Drive transactional automation that utilises the most up to date technology, provides accurate and reliable data and a great customer experience,
- Use data-based analysis to prioritise projects that provide the largest returns.
The Candidate - Skills, Knowledge and Experience
Specific skills that are required to excel in this role include the following:
- Extensive experience in a business or systems analyst role,
- Strong systems knowledge and understanding of ERP architecture,
- Experience of key systems sitting around the ERP such as CRM, inventory control or B2B platforms and these interact with the ERP and the key data flow between
- Experience of working within a pan-European distribution , logistics or automotive aftermarket business is preferable,
- Experience of standard project management tools such as Clarizen and Jira, and intermediate skills with Office software excel, word and power point,
- Experience of working in a high-volume low value transactional environment,
- Experience of transaction automation between systems, customers, and suppliers,
- Able to work using multiple project approaches,
- Familiarity with an approach using commercial off the shelf software and process change to remove complexity and deliver reliable business services e.g., CRM, TMS etc, preferably based upon a ‘best of breed’ approach.
- An analytical mindset, with the patience and tenacity to focus on complex tasks to ensure resolution,
- Experience at working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment is essential.
The Candidate - Skills, Knowledge and Experience
The ideal candidate will have some or all the following characteristics:
- Personal: A confident, autonomous individual with an analytical mindset, and the patience and tenacity to focus on complex tasks to ensure resolution,
- Flexibility: Able to handle multiple concurrent project tasks. Diligent and happy to work across the business on projects of varying sizes, budgets and with a variety of stakeholders,
- Experience of supporting, managing or implementing business process change,
- Team player: Experience at working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment is essential,
- Strong communication and leadership skills: Will have the ability to engage with multiple stakeholders in a business that is both proactive and reactive to customer demands in a high-paced environment and able to force through change effectively within an organisation,
- Flexible/adaptable: Demonstrate the capacity to change; successfully adjust to multiple demands, shifting priorities, ambiguity, and rapid change; happy to take responsibility within a global operation,
- Governance & Compliance: Demonstrate full understanding of good governance and compliance in a competitive market,
- Decision making & Problem solving: Demonstrate the capacity to make successful, demanding, and logical decisions and excellent problem-solving skills,
- Agility: Use an iterative/agile approach to manage changing requirements.
This is an excellent role for a candidate that has been in distribution, supply chain and has a good understanding of what “best in class” looks like. Data analysis forms a major part of the role, and you must be comfortable in providing solutions based on data. A background in continuous improvement would also be advantageous. If you are up for the challenge, then please apply.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.