Job title: Manufacturing Strategy Engineer
Salary Range: £25.42 p/h
As Business Planning Lead Engineer role you will be responsible for the identification and development of new suppliers and identifying commercial opportunities that will deliver scorecard objectives
- Work with Purchasing to identify and validate alternative suppliers and present proposals for supply base development
- Maintain a supplier portfolio to aid the development of sourcing strategies for JLR press tooling programmes
- Working with the cross-functional teams, identify and develop commercial opportunities that will reduce tooling investment costs
- Create and maintain an overview of key events for all JLR tooling programs and publish a regular tooling program brochure.
- Define and own the process for forecasting resource demands based on JLR cycle plans.
- Maintain records, lessons learned and promote the continuous improvement of business planning processes.
- Contribute to the development of strategic plans, working with cross-functional teams to deliver business solutions
- An appreciation of the key processes, facilities, terminology and technologies used throughout the pressed parts process chain as well as the actions and steps required to achieve world class BIW pressed parts
- A commercial or business office background with knowledge/appreciation of the BIW process chain.
- Able to extract, analyse and evaluate data and trends from a variety of sources
- Capable of building and evaluating models for financial and strategic decision making
- Able to build and maintain strong and positive business relationships with internal stakeholders and supplier partners
- Good MS Office suite: Word, PowerPoint and Excel and experience of Google tools
Experience of collaboration and cross functional team working
This is a 12 month contract position offering an hourly rate of up to £25.42 based at Gaydon with regular travel to (Castle Bromwich, Solihull, Halewood) anticipated and as well as occasional overseas travel.
It is imperative that applicants demonstrate and prove their eligibility to work in the UK.
If you have any questions about this role please contact Kate Stevens or Sarah Gilbert of Jonathan Lee Recruitment.