Business Manager (SME) - Production, Installation, Service
Coventry, West Midlands
Salary £37,500 pa
An entrepreneurial Business Manager is required for a small independent production business that manufactures, installs and services products both locally and on a national basis. This role will have full responsibility for profitable/sustainable growth and strategic direction setting. Working with functional heads you will lead the business and apply sound project and financial disciplines that will ensure projects are delivered on time, to budget, and of the highest quality. Ideally you will have a background that includes Financial, Operational and Project Management experience gained working within working a manufacturing, construction or technical service environment.
To be considered for this Business Manager position you must have or be:
- A financially astute business professional with experience gained working within an SME bespoke product/project environment.
- Experience of running a small business, setting budgets, managing a P&L and putting in place realistic plans for growth.
- Good marketing and business development skills, able to build brand awareness through web site development and multi-channel marketing activities.
- IT literate, competent using the full range of Microsoft applications and inhouse systems.
- Strong project management skills that includes full project costing/tracking, gateway management and ensuring projects are delivered on time to budget.
- Experience of change management, able to energise staff and develop a team based supportive culture that is flexible and self-directed.
- A strong commercial focus with an ability to stand back see the big picture but not lose sight of day to day operational issues.
- A team player, resourceful and approachable with a “can do” “will do” attitude who enjoys working with and getting the best out of people.
- A skilled coach communicator and mentor.
This is an opportunity to join a progressive business at an exciting stage of its evolution. Although craft based, the business is increasingly using advanced manufacturing techniques to reduce product lead times. Qualification for this Business Manager role will be to degree level in either a finance, business or technical discipline. However, a career that clearly demonstrates sustainable business growth and success will be equally important.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Executive Search, a leading technical and industrial consultancy. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Executive Search are those of an Employment Agency.