£50k - 55k per year
3 months ago
The company are an international materials trader and are looking to recruit an experienced Business Manager to oversee trade and business development activities of performance and speciality chemicals for customers in the UK, Europe and Middle East and Africa. The ideal candidate will have experience gained within an international trading environment and knowledge of packaging materials, including polymer resins, adhesives, packaging films and functional materials.
The duties of the Business Development Manager - Packaging Polymers will include:
- The role will involve managing a portfolio of products, selling to a broad range of customers in the UK and abroad on behalf of key manufacturing partners.
- Identifying new business opportunities in the assigned end-use sectors and working collaboratively with stakeholders to commercialise them.
- Working alongside a team of experienced professionals, the successful candidate will be well organised and think and act independently, whilst still being a very strong team player.
- The candidate will be required to travel in the UK with occasional trips to mainland Europe.
- Planning and executing all aspects of business management, sales and business development for the markets and product lines assigned by the GM.
- Identifying and assessing new trading and business opportunities, to support the long-term goals of the team.
- Negotiating and executing purchase and sales contracts including pricing and margins to achieve sale and profit targets set by the GM while ensuring compliance with relevant internal and external laws, rules, and regulations.
- Communicating, meeting, and negotiating with key partners, colleagues and stakeholders to develop and maintain effective relationships, focusing on quality of service, business growth and customer satisfaction.
- Supervising operational business processes such as documentation, technical liaison, stock management, account management & credit and payment management in partnership with relevant colleagues.
- Regular preparation of business reports, forecasts and presentations as required.
- Working with chemical sector commercial staff across EMEA (Europe, Middle East, Africa), Asia and N. America.
The Business Development Manager will have:
- Demonstrable significant experience working in an international trading environment or distribution company, preferably within the chemicals sector or large global corporation.
- Experience in commercial aspect of either packaging material and polymers or speciality chemicals businesses would be highly beneficial.
- Knowledge of domestic & international trade procedures, including contract formation & administration, shipping, customs procedures, incoterms, etc.
- Undergraduate degree in Chemistry, Polymer Science or similar.
To apply for this role, please forward your up-to-date CV to firstname.lastname@example.org/
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.