- Sector: Advanced Technology
- Function: Product design and development
- Contact: Paul Robson
- Contact Email: email@example.com
- Contact Phone: 01384 446117
- Expiry Date: 02 February 2022
- Job Ref: 59944
Business Development Manager – Automotive – Warwick - £ Competitive + benefits
Our client is an engineering company that specialises in electric and hybrid vehicle systems and integration. They provide engineering services and parts to support both prototype and production vehicle programmes at all stages of development including feasibility studies, design, integration and testing. We are seeking Business Development / Sales Manager with a passion for EV and hybrid technologies to consolidate and develop business with new and existing clients in the area of electrical and electronic systems.
This role will define long-term organizational strategic goals, building existing key customer relationships, along with identifying new business opportunities, negotiating and closing business deals and maintaining an extensive knowledge of current automotive market conditions.
You will also be responsible for strategic planning, with responsibility to develop the pipeline of new business coming into the company. This requires a thorough knowledge of the automotive market and the opportunities the company technology will provide.
As Business Development Manager – Automotive you will
- Prospect for potential new clients and turn this into increased business.
- Meet potential clients by growing, maintaining, and leveraging your network.
- Identify potential clients, and the decision makers within the client organization.
- Research and build relationships with new clients.
- Set up meetings between client decision makers and Project Managers.
- Plan approaches and pitches. Expand into new markets and new sectors.
- Ensure a strong, regular presence on social media channels.
- Work with the team to develop proposals that speaks to the client’s needs, concerns, and objectives.
- Participate in pricing the solution/service.
- Handle objections by clarifying, emphasizing agreements and working through differences to a positive conclusion.
- Use a variety of styles to persuade or negotiate appropriately.
- Present an image that mirrors that of the client.
As Business Development Manager – Automotive you will have
- A Degree and in an Engineering or Automotive Discipline with a good underpinning of electrical understanding and Business Management
- 3-5 years of sales or Business Development experience within Electrical Engineering or the Automotive Industry.
- Excellent Networking, Persuasion, Prospecting, Public Speaking, Research, Writing and Closing Skills.
- Proven experience of Motivation for Sales, Prospecting Skills, Sales Planning, Identification of Customer Needs and Challenges, Territory Management, Market Knowledge, Meeting Sales Goals, Social media management, Professionalism, CRM, and Microsoft Office.
Suitably qualified and experienced Business Development / Sales Managers should apply today by contacting Paul Robson at Jonathan Lee Recruitment +44(0)1384 446146 or by emailing their CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.