Coventry, West Midlands
almost 2 years ago
Business Development Officer - automotive advanced research consultancy - Coventry
Our client is a quasi academic research organisation that specialises in advanced automotive research - specifically weight reduction, autonomous vehicles (CAV), electrification technologies. It performs valuable R&D partnerships for industry OEMs, tier 1 and academic organisations.
Being quasi academic, benefits are in line with academia however this also means all roles are based on a 2 year direct FTC which may be renewed.
This role is technical in nature and would suit a qualified engineer with commercial acumen.
What you will do:
This role reports to the Business Development Manager and is part of a small team. The role is less "sales" and more "business development" ie not a cold desk. Note this role does NOT carry personal targets (team ones) and is non-commission based. It is also office based
- Establish and maintain relationships with current and potential customers.
- Analyse future project opportunities through networking, events and maintaining/developing relationships.
- Interpret client needs and work with internal engineers to create scope of work
- Set up meetings, workshops, networking events to showcase how the centre can assist potential partners
- Contribute to the content of proposals
- Manage up to 10 tenders simultaneously. responsibility stretches from target identification through to appointment of Project manager
What you will need:
- 2i degree ideally in engineering in engineering or an analytic subject (maths, law, computing etc) plus either a commercial qualification or some commercial experience
- Some industry or research experience (ideally automotive) with either lightweightedness, HEV/EV, batteries (decarbonisation), autonomous vehicles (CAV). At least being able to demonstrate some knowledge of industry trends in these areas and show capability to learn quickly
- Excellent inter personal skills - oral and written English, making presentations, MS Office, networking
- Eligible to work in UK without sponsorship
- Willingness to travel and perhaps some out of hours working on occasion
What you will get:
- Excellent salary and benefits package
- Successful company with unique brand identity
Please apply with current CV and details of current salary and notice. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted with further information prior to submission. However please contact me if you require further information in the meantime.