Business Development Officer - Advanced Manufacturing Technologies - Coventry - up to £21.00 p/h Ltd dependent on experience
Excellent opportunity for a Business Development Officer to deliver business development and customer facing support whilst assisting in identifying and securing business opportunities for a world-class research and development facility.
A genuine interest in Light Weighting, Energy Storage (batteries), Advanced Propulsion and Connected and Autonomous Vehicle technologies will be beneficial to this role.
What you will do
- Support the Business Development Manager and Programme Manager to develop new partner relationships from first contact, which may include contacting senior managers at potential partners; organising networking events and following up leads arising from external events.
- Contributing to the content of project proposals in support of the line manager in conjunction with external partners, researchers and other administrative groups including Finance, RIS and Procurement.
- Assisting the line manager in taking projects through launch until a project manager is assigned – this may include maintaining a good working relationship with external partners and ensuring that project activities get off to a good start with respect to time, cost and quality objectives.
- Input CRM content and populate the business opportunity pipeline on a regular basis working closely with the Research and Business Development Officer in the production of status reports, adhering to a consistent client and opportunity management process. Monitor activities and be knowledgeable about high priority opportunities and the forward business forecast of each of the strategic market segments, helping to set business development priorities.
- Circulating calls for proposals and potential funding calls, both internally and externally where appropriate.
What you will need
- Educated to Degree level 2.1 or equivalent
- Administrative process management experience, with event management experience
- A can-do approach with ability to use initiative and to work to tight deadlines under pressure while maintaining attention to detail
- Excellent organisational skills plus ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Capacity to master new areas of knowledge and skills rapidly.
- Ability to summarise key requirements quickly and effectively with an understanding of priorities
- Ability to analyse future project opportunities and produce a factored forward order forecast working closely with the Finance Department
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Proficient working knowledge of Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to build relationships, respect confidentiality, deal with people in a professional manner and multi-task across different teams and disciplines
- Working in an HE environment
- Proposal/bid writing experience
- Significant experience within a busy environment managing relationships with internal colleagues and clients/customers at a senior level
- Co-ordination of collaborative initiatives and projects with industrial and public sector partners
- Professional business, marketing or project management qualifications
Ideally seeking an immediately available Business Development Officer, please apply today by forwarding your CV to Kate.Stevens@jonlee.co.uk.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.