£35k - 45k per year
about 2 months ago
Business Development Manager
To £45,000 plus Car Allowance and Benefits
Home based covering either Regional or National role
Gas Suppression or Fire Sprinklers or Vacant Property and CCTV Monitoring
Business Development Managers are required to generate new business within a National or Regional capacity. Candidates with experience Business Development in either Gas Suppression, Fire Sprinklers, Vacant Property or CCTV Monitoring would be well received.
Due to increased workloads this client, a group of leading fire and security companies, based in Warrington, requires Business Development Managers to accurately assess customer requirements and represent the company appropriately with developing sales and ongoing sales relationships. This will include maintaining and developing relationships with existing customers in person and via telephone calls and emails etc. You shall pursue all introduced and solicited sales opportunities. This will include responding promptly to incoming email and phone enquiries from both new and existing customers.
Time shall be allocated within your working schedule for cold calling, usually by telephone initially to arrange meetings with potential customers in order to prospect for new business. A monthly target for the number of new customer introductions will be agreed with your line manager.
Reporting of sales progress and field activity using the format reports supplied by the company will be required monthly ahead of planned sales meetings which you shall be required to attend. This will include your territory report listing results for the previous month, and a sales forecast. It shall include a list of sales visits made; also identify potential customers and gathered market and new customer information.
As required you will support the company at trade exhibitions, events and demonstrations.
As a Business Development Manager you will be required to:
- Negotiating on price, costs, delivery and specifications with customers;
- Challenging any objections with a view to getting the customer to buy;
- Advising prospective and actual customers on forthcoming product developments and discussing special promotions;
- With the assistance of the Estimating Team and/or your line manager, creating detailed proposal documents, occasionally as part of a formal bidding process;
- Liaising with the Contracts Team and Service Team to check the progress of existing orders;
- Reviewing your own sales performance, aiming to meet or exceed targets;
- Gaining a clear understanding of customers' businesses and requirements;
- Feeding future buying trends, competitor information etc. back to the company
The Business Development Manager should have the following skills or experience:
Experience in Gas Suppression or Fire Sprinklers or Vacant Property and CCTV Monitoring
- Personality - Energy, Drive, Enthusiasm
- Excellent organisational skills
- Be able to deliver exceptional customer service
- Must be able to perform well as an individual and as part of a team
This is an excellent opportunity for anyone with experience as a Business Development Manager in Gas Suppression or Fire Sprinklers or Vacant Property and CCTV Monitoring to develop your career. In return for your experience, this Warrington based company will offer you:
- Up to £45,000 p.a.
- Car Allowance
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have experience as a Business Development Manager within the specific areas and you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the Business Development Manager role, please contact Melissa Self at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 07398036503
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.