- Sector: Truck & Bus
- Function: Sales and business development
- Contact: Andy Leake
- Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact Phone: 01384 446104
- Expiry Date: 14 December 2021
- Job Ref: 59757
Business Development Manager South
Automotive Sector - Commercial and Passenger vehicles.
Ideal location: M4 Corridor, Oxfordshire, Berkshire
Territory: Southern Counties
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Business Development Manager to support business expansion for a leading supplier of retrofit exhaust systems, DPF cleaning and aftermarket spare parts for the commercial and passenger vehicle industry.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Customer account management with a strong emphasis on increasing turnover with existing relationships.
- Execute a strategy to capture future and new business by identifying leads whilst being aligned to the company's vision.
- Exploring opportunity for new product offerings to market.
- Actively present in the field visiting customers and attending meetings.
- Responsible for organising customer visit plan's, documenting visit reports, and presenting customer performance to the Sales Director.
- Be able to confidently perform sales presentations and technical training to a tailored audience, demonstrating our products and services.
- Monitor and analyse sales activities and takes appropriate actions to meet geographical sales targets.
- Proactive account planning and understanding key focus and priorities.
- Pipework planning and working closely with departments to secure sales trajectories.
- Using initiative to offer solutions for both the customer and the needs of the business.
- Representing the company by attending trade shows and exhibitions.
- Responsible for the growth of marketing promotions/proposals on visits which has been implemented by the Sales Director.
- Ensuring strategic partnerships are in place with local authorities so that our product offering is suited to the latest technology innovations.
- Other duties and general administration may be required from time to time as requested by the Directors or other colleagues.
- Experience working within the Automotive industry, in particular Bus/Truck sector.
- Basic technical understanding of vehicle applications.
- Strong communication and negotiations skills, both verbal and written.
- Decision making skills in a fast-paced environment.
- Exceptional relationship building ability.
- Ability to liaise at all levels clearly with technical detail both verbal and written.
- Efficient in both MS Excel and MS PowerPoint applications.
- Valid UK driving license with the ability to travel within the UK
- Worked ideally for an aftermarket parts manufacturer and understands the R & D involved via a product life cycle.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.