about 1 month ago
Business Development Manager – Mid / Eastern England
Either home based of working from our Clients’ office in Warwick, as Business Development Manager for Mid / Eastern England you are to develop new and repeat business for our Clients’ bathroom products within the commercial and social housing sectors working closely with contractors, national merchants, independent merchants and potentially specifiers who are linked to them.
Your primary focus will be to create demand for their products and to deliver this demand to their merchant partners to supply. Networking with merchant partners will be an essential part of your role to ensure they are fully supporting your business development activities. When relevant, you should also consider our Clients’ complete product offering passing potential sales opportunities to their piping Territory Sales Managers (TSM’s). You will also be required to work closely with their Business Support and Specification teams to convert specified projects to orders.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Work with contractors and gain project business on the back of your relationship. This will also involve converting competitor specifications to our products
- Secure new contractors for company products making our Client their manufacturer of choice
- Establish our Client as a key supplier within the Plumbers merchant sector and develop first class relationships ensuring we become their manufacturer of choice
- Support BDM (Merchants) with our drive into independent merchants locally
- Ensure maintenance of the Company CRM system (customer details, call activity & projects) in line with our Clients’ requirements and ensure targeted call rates of 150 per quarter are achieved
- Conduct training for Merchants & Contractors ensuring the are totally proficient in the promotion and use of our Clients’ products
- Convert specified projects working in conjunction with Business Support and the Specification team and achieve agreed targets
- Compile an accurate sales forecast to ensure sufficient stock levels in support of business development activities
- Where relevant, refer piping opportunities on projects to Piping TSM’s
- Support bathroom KAM’s where projects are secured in your territory
All employees are expected to:
- Be flexible in their duties and responsibilities and may be asked to perform other duties which reasonably correspond to the general character of their job and their level of responsibility
- Maintain confidentiality of data and information that is sensitive to the Company, in line with Company policy and the Data Protection
- Maintain personal and professional development activities to meet the changing demands of their role/ business
- Adhere to all Company’s policies and take a proactive approach to managing their own and others Health & Safety
Should you feel you have the relevant sector exposure with a minimum of 3-years relevant experience and be able to support this targeted business development role, then please apply directly or contact Matthew Heath (Matthew.firstname.lastname@example.org)
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.