Coventry, West Midlands
over 1 year ago
As soon as possible
Business Development Manager - Key Accounts
Vehicle and Engine Test Technology
Permanent role in Coventry
The purpose of the role is to support the sales department and Head of Sales in the advancement of the sales strategy and sales function.
The duties of the Business Development Manager - Key Account role:
- To lead the business sales and marketing with several key accounts.
- To discover new sales leads for the business and turn them into profitable orders.
- To represent technically and commercially the business product portfolio and brand.
- Define account strategy and derive yearly plans to grow business within key accounts.
- To actively pursue sales leads and to report and coordinate and communicate with the Sales Management Team, business unit managers and the wider company.
- To regularly visit key customers at their various sites and be a focal point for enquiries.
- To define, organise and complete timely hand-overs to operations for all project orders.
- To create and present quotations internally for management sign-off.
- To provide ideas and suggest methods by which the sales, negotiation and marketing processes can be made more effective.
- Drive customer satisfaction with issue resolution and improvement initiatives.
Experience required for the Business Development Manager - Key Account role:
- Preferably skilled and experienced in at least one area of engine or vehicle test technology.
- A solid sales AND Engineering background ideally in the automotive industry.
- Ideally Degree qualified in an engineering discipline or a demonstrated career history in a similar role.
- Good I.T skills and knowledge of Salesforce would be beneficial.
- A high level of negotiating, presenting and interpersonal skills.
We are immediately sourcing suitable candidates for this role. If you are interested please apply with your CV and covering letter, along with confirmation of your current notice period and salary expectations. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted prior to submission with further details. However, should you wish to discuss your application in the meantime, please contact Justin Wainwright on 01268 889267 or 07711 156281