Business Development Manager - Innovation Technology - Coventry - £ Competitive DOE
This is an exceptional opportunity to support a global centre of engineering innovation. As Business Development Manager you will work within a technical / R&D capacity, to identify and secure business opportunities for a multi-million pound research centre of excellence. You will also contribute to a major national initiative supporting the evolution towards a greener economy.
This is a technical business development position, and you will need to understand and communicate potential business / research proposals across a wide range of technical specialities and areas. You will have a high proficiency in engineering and be educated in an relevant technical discipline.
You will be a confident and enthusiastic individual with a demonstrable track record of successful experience of commercial management and, achievement of challenging revenue targets. You will be able to demonstrate success in the securing of significant new business, together with the ability to establish personal credibility with a broad range of management and technical practitioners.
As Business Development Manager- Innovation Technology – you will be required to
- Develop new partner relationships from first contact, contacting senior managers as potential partners; create new business opportunities and identify potential new growth areas, as well as augmenting existing relationships, in order to deliver commercial income targets.
- Identify and develop new relationships and information sources from a wide network in order to maintain awareness of industry, market developments and stimulate growth.
- Follow up leads and build solid relationships with senior colleagues to assess the strategic value of leads, creating suitable proposals and value proposition for potential partners.
- Understand the funding landscape in order to help generate potential R&D proposals and partners within the research areas of key partners, disseminating funding information internally and externally where appropriate.
- Manage key relationships and communications, including proposal writing, with current and potential clients, and to project manage opportunities to achieve their timely and successful completion as proposals.
- Oversee selected strategic projects through launch until a project manager is assigned, including chairing of initial project meetings, maintaining a good working relationship with external partners and ensuring that project activities get off to a good start with respect to time, cost and quality objectives.
- To identify and support marketing and promotional activities, aimed at increasing greater interaction between academic research leads and industry.
- You will assist with and attend & help set up external events such as conferences / networking events / workshops to generate new leads and add commercial value.
As Business Development Manager – Innovation Technology – you will
- Be educated to Degree level 2.1 or equivalent in an engineering discipline
- Have a demonstrable track record of successful experience of commercial management and achievement of challenging revenue targets.
- Have demonstrable success in the securing of significant new business
- Be able to establish personal credibility with a broad range of management practitioners, including directors, budget holders and programme participants with major corporate organisations.
- Proven skills in negotiation and influencing, including the ability to direct resources appropriately to pursue new bids or opportunities.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to respond effectively to work pressure, tight deadlines, and the ability to adapt to change.
Suitably qualified and experienced candidates should apply today by contacting Paul Robson at Jonathan Lee Recruitment +44(0)1384 446146 or by emailing their CV and covering letter to email@example.com.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.