Due to continued growth a Business Development Manager is required to join a leading Speciality Composite Materials company. You will need to possess a good working knowledge of composites/sheet metal from the automotive industry gained within either a technical or commercial role.
Through the management and co-ordination of relationships with key international customers and potential new customers you will work to actively promote and maximise sales of the Company's products.
- Able to travel to Italy - Italian language skills would be of significant benefit
- Understanding customer requirements, particularly of low to medium volume OEM's
- Understanding costing and quoting strategies targeting the value of the proposition and not cost-up pricing models
- Winning new business from both new and existing clients and developing customer relationships with their engineering, purchasing and manufacturing personnel
- Maintaining the relationship and the customer's perception and valuation of the business
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Degree level relevant technical qualification
- Experienced Business Development manager within automotive
- Experience in selling automotive composites/sheet metal components - particularly BIW panels would be a distinct advantage - this should also include a knowledgeable commercial skill set on stamping tooling
- Assertive, articulate; goal-oriented with strong business acumen and judgement. Action-oriented with well-honed organisation and planning abilities.
- Excellent communication skills, capable of dealing effectively with senior management and high-level customer contacts.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing in both English and Italian is a key requirement
- Proven experience of building strong working relationships with a wide range of people both internally across the business and with external agencies and customers
Package - The company offer a highly competitive basic salary alongside Bonus and Excellent company benefits