- Sector: Manufacturing & Materials
- Function: Sales and business development
- Contact: Matthew Heath
- Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact Phone: 01384 446187
- Expiry Date: 23 December 2021
- Job Ref: 58330
Business Development Manager - Capital Equipment - Gloucestershire
Based from their manufacturing site and head office in Gloucester but with a global customer base and growing market opportunity, our firmly established Client is seeking a Business Development Manager where possible with capital equipment and solution sales experience to actively support their continued growth internationally for design, manufacture and supply of capital wet battery manufacturing equipment through understanding the customer's needs and market conditions. This role will maximise profitable sales of their products and services.
The Business Development Manager / Sales Engineer will be responsible for:
- Making overseas sales visits to develop good relationships with existing customers as well as to actively source new customers and markets.
- Compile reports; assist with sales forecasts and budgets; and analyse sales figures.
- Follow up outstanding quotations and report their status to Senior Management.
- Seek knowledge and information about competitor activity, products and pricing.
- Co-ordinate and manage customer sales visits to the Clients premises.
- Attend trade fairs to represent the Client and Client products to conference delegates.
- Prepare, maintain and keep up to date necessary sales materials e.g., quotation masters, brochures, promotional videos, website and exhibition displays.
- Calculate the selling price of any non-standard equipment using information provided by the technical and manufacturing departments.
- Prepare quotations for equipment offering the most appropriate technical solution, payment terms and delivery period.
- Hold technical and commercial negotiations with customers to conclude profitable sales, incorporating the most appropriate technical solution, payment terms and delivery period.
- To identify opportunities for process, productivity and quality improvements.
- To adhere to and always apply all workplace management rules consistently and ensure that all Company policies and procedures are adhered to.
- Develop effective relationships with all internal and external stakeholder, customers and suppliers to ensure best outcomes for the Client.
- Embrace the values of company and Group and live these by example, consistent with corporate policies/procedures and legal obligations, both in the UK and overseas.
You may also be required to undertake additional tasks or duties from time to time and which are reasonably within your capabilities.
To support this position, you should have:
- A diploma or degree in Business or Mechanical Engineering or equivalent work experience.
- Five or more years of capital equipment, solution and/or international sales experience.
- Ability to maintain close working relationship with customers.
- Proven commercial acumen.
- Good technical knowledge of relating equipment.
- Strong knowledge of MS Office products
- AutoCAD/SolidWorks experience.
- SAP or an Oracle based ERP system experience.
- Be able to support regular 'safe' travel overseas and be flexible with travel arrangements.
- Have excellent communication skills at all levels - verbal, written and presentation.
- Be self-motivated and enthusiastic.
- Have a positive attitude with ability to work within culturally diverse environments.
- Be helpful and supportive approach to resolution of technical challenges.
- Be receptive and adaptable to change.
If you feel you have the commercial, technical and international awareness to support this role, then please apply directly.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.